Saturday 28 January 2012



I missed yesterday, it never really happened for me. Someone came down to check out the beach and we ended up in a splendid pub with a large fire and good bitter. He started off getting me up to speed with mutual friends who are still alive and coherent. It's good to know that some are still gigging but I started to loose the plot after hitting a strong westerly on the walk back. The sand beneath my feet began to crumble and my legs followed.
I wish I'd been alert because he had some good stories about life on the road during his time as a jobbing guitarist and I hadn't realised he'd stayed in Benyon's flat for a few months and claimed to have written a few songs with him. I've been so into sorting out the drawings that I'd forgotten about the lyrics he wrote for the Abasement Tapes. Anyway my visitor claims to have cooperated on a number that includes the line 'Mucho, mucho, mucho marvy. I've got a girl from Yugoslavey.' What a night that must have been? 

No comments:

Post a Comment