Thursday 26 January 2012




I was trying to work out what was happening in the papers when this strip appeared and without doing any research the obvious main subject was Mrs Thatcher combined with Eric Clapton coming out as having been on heroin. He was clean, and headlines about God being back were all over the place. I was at Art school when Cream played one of their first gigs for £80 and I remember being worse for drink and forced back against a wall by the sound.
I like Clapton because he lacks charisma so much so that I've failed to recognise him when sitting at the same table. My experience with Jack Bruce is rather different. I remember being driven by him in his open top sports car down narrow country lanes at speed, while he was shouting out a story about a band he was with travelling along the M6 late at night when they all saw a space ship land. Man,  I really gripped the door handle tight.

'Vasto Records' was one of my favourite Benyon names for a record company. Someone should have picked it up. The cartoon is about huge record companies owning small labels that were pretending to be independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment