Friday 3 February 2012









Ah, Bruce! Forever the future of rock'n'roll and yet in retrospect a rather show biz kind of dude, jamming with presidents, as one does. Baby we were born to run...for the Senate. Unfair? I guess so and have to admit I played his first album until the grooves had grooves. But I saw him years later at Wembley and it was a bit like experiencing a West End musical, so very choreographed, so very Saturday night light entertainment with every sharp edge filed down.
Sigho, I sound a bit of a miserable sod but it's damn cold this morning and my visitor is still here and drinking his way through his life story.
I really would rather have Meatloaf screaming about hearts flying out of dead peoples chests (wouldn't that be good in NCIS) in a strained mock opera than Born in the USA as performed in the White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment