Sunday 26 February 2012


I started to go through some drawings today and this one popped up. On the back it says "audience from th'Groover's view point on stage, as he starts to play his first number" The shock is evident but I wonder what number he started with? I'm sure I have some old tapes that were put together when th'Groover recorded his EP. I seem to remember a Garry Glitter parody that went something like 'I'm big, I'm bad, I'm butch - you can look but don't touch'.
It was about the time when The Sweet were huge and Benyon really hated them. He drew a caricature of the band in the NME, showing them as being fat and ugly on really high platform shoes. Of course they phoned up and asked for copies because they found it really amusing. It was carpet eating time.

No comments:

Post a Comment